Spring Fleas and Ticks Ready to Return in Oklahoma

Although the weather is still fluctuating from tolerable to bitterly cold, spring is just around the corner for Oklahoma. In no time, we will be able to step back out into nature with our pets and enjoy the warmth that the sun provides. However, fleas and ticks are also ready to return and without preparation, could put a damper on your upcoming spring plans. In this article, we will look at what fleas and ticks are and some of the ways you can be ready for their spring return.

What Are Fleas and Ticks?

Fleas and ticks are both bloodsucking parasites that will often attach themselves to cats or dogs for a continuous supply of food. While fleas may also annoy humans, they aren’t a suitable host for this pest and will quickly search other food options in the home or area. However, ticks are more than willing to attach themselves to humans and animals and may transmit several detrimental diseases. In fact, both ticks and fleas are arguably the most dangerous and annoying pests you will find during the spring respectively.

How Do You Prevent Ticks and Fleas?

You may be surprised to learn that only 5% of fleas in an area live on a host at any given time while the remaining 95% live in the surrounding area. If you’ve ever seen fleas on a pet, you can likely imagine how many fleas this actually equates to living inside of your home. During warmer months like spring checking your dog or cat for fleas regularly and providing the appropriate treatment options as designated by your vet is critical for keeping them protected from infection or tapeworms that can be transmitted by fleas. Ticks are also easily treated for with both oral options, collar options or a pipette that can be applied directly to the nape.

To limit the occurrence of spring fleas and ticks in their own yards, homeowners and business owners must regularly maintain their lawn to eliminate harborage and work with a professional pest control provider for treatments. We equip our service trucks with spray rigs that can hold up to 100 gallons of the required product. This enables our technicians to efficiently treat your lawn, without having to stop to borrow your water faucet and refill their tank every few minutes.

LEARN MORE ABOUT PEST CONTROL SERVICES

At Emtec Pest Control, we are committed to safe and responsible pest control. We understand that your family’s safety is your number one priority, so we make it our priority, too. If you have any other questions about any of these pests or pest control for your home or business, contact your Oklahoma pest control experts at Emtec Pest Control by calling us or by filling out our online contact form. Our service areas in Northeast Oklahoma include Bixby, Broken Arrow, Catoosa, Owasso, Jenks, Sand Springs, Sapulpa, Skiatook, Stillwater, Tulsa and the surrounding areas. In Central Oklahoma, we service Edmond, Moore, Oklahoma City, Yukon and the surrounding areas. You can also connect with us on social media for more helpful pest control tips and information. We are on Facebook.

Posted In:
Tags:

Recent Articles

Posted In:
Tags: