The temperatures are dropping across Oklahoma. It’s almost Autumn! That’s certainly welcome news if you can’t take the summer heat. Unfortunately this time of year also causes bugs to literally come out of the woodwork finding their way indoors just as you’re trying to spend more time outdoors. In the fall, insects start looking for a protected place to spend the winter. Attracted to the warmth and light, they often end up inside homes and businesses.
Here is our list of the Top 5 Bugs that will likely bug you this Fall:
- Ants – As their colonies grow throughout the summer, many species of ants become bothersome invaders in the fall seeking food, water, and shelter to prepare for winter. Carpenter ants can be particularly bothersome in the fall, as they look to avoid the winter chill they can move their colonies into the walls of your home and cause damage to its structure.
- Flies – All manner of flies (house flies, fruit flies, cluster flies, etc.) tend to reach a height in their populations in the early fall. As the temperature outside falls, some flies look to retreat from the cold weather and come into your home looking for a source of heat. They can also be quite annoying during outside events where there’s food.
- Wasps/Hornets – Flying, stinging insects can be quite active as fall approaches. They work all summer to build as large of a nest as possible. But then it becomes a struggle to feed so many mouths when it gets cold outside and their food sources begin to dwindle.
- Ladybugs – Also known as Asian lady beetles, the ladybug is usually a beneficial insect, as long as it stays outdoors. The problem is that they congregate in large numbers around houses in the fall and eventually find their way indoors. Their droppings can leave stains on curtains and cause allergies in some people.
- Stink Bugs – With the arrival of fall, these terrible smelling bugs will gather in large numbers on the sunny side of houses for weeks. At the point when it really starts to get cold, these pests will slip into homes and buildings to hibernate.
As you enjoy the change of seasons, gearing up for school, football, festivals and the holidays, we hope you aren’t bugged too badly by these pests. But if any of these notorious bugs find their way into your home or business this fall, then give the professional exterminators at Emtec Pest Control a call. If you’re in the Tulsa area (including Broken Arrow, Owasso, Bixby, Jenks, Sand Springs, Bartlesville, and more) call us at 918-663-0613. If you’re in the Oklahoma City or Stillwater area then please call 405-634-4088.
At Emtec Pest Control, we are committed to safe and responsible pest control. We understand that your family’s safety is your number one priority, so we make it our priority, too. If you have any other questions about any of these pests or pest control for your home or business, contact your Oklahoma pest control experts at Emtec Pest Control by calling us or by filling out our online contact form. Our service areas in Northeast Oklahoma include Bixby, Broken Arrow, Catoosa, Owasso, Jenks, Sand Springs, Sapulpa, Skiatook, Stillwater, Tulsa and the surrounding areas. In Central Oklahoma, we service Edmond, Moore, Oklahoma City, Yukon and the surrounding areas. You can also connect with us on social media for more helpful pest control tips and information. We are on Facebook.-